Athletic apparel company, Kukri joined forces with like-minded Hong Kong lifestyle brand, G.O.D. to produce an exciting range of merchandise for the world-renowned Hong Kong Rugby Sevens event in 2012.
According to Kukri, G.O.D. was a pleasure to work with, giving them fresh ideas and providing useful insight into their design process. All items carry a specially-designed Kukri x G.O.D. logo which features remnants of the original Hong Kong flag.
G.O.D. created an innovative range of “east meets west,” rugby-inspired items which included:
- Men’s red and navy-striped polo with symbolic patches on the front and a Chinese calendar patch on the back
- Cheongsam-inspired ladies polo
- Two traditional Chinese jackets
- Cheeky team boxer briefs
- Two premium bags: one messenger and one tote
- Two tattoo sleeve designs; one for kids, one for adults
- Silicone bracelets, of which a percentage of the sales were donated to local charity, Foodlink Foundation (www.foodlinkfoundation.org).
Kukri had exclusive rights to produce the official merchandise for this annual event which attracts people from local to foreign rugby fans, all of whom often seek mementos of their visit to the stadium, for what has been described as “the world’s second-biggest annual party” next to Rio Carnival in Brazil.
New and innovative design ideas by G.O.D. will be featured as an extension of the existing range of official Rugby Sevens merchandise.